The Fine Art of Opportunities and Collaborations.
Wed, February 27, 2019. 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Sheffield Hallam University Cantor Building, 153 Arundel Street, Sheffield S1 2NU
Free but booking required. Book here
This is a practical, discursive, insightful and instructive talk to help artists at all stages of their careers to give you the tools to encourage you to be inventive and entrepreneurial in your career. Specifically this talk will be about:
· How to spot, seize, create and maximise opportunities to help create a legacy for yourself as an artist and to help springboard new possibilities and projects as a result.
· Building ways to collaborate with artists, arts professionals , funders and organisations to help you prosper collectively through shared resources, practices and ideas.
· Learning about curating and curatorial responsibilities and processes.
· An overview of different and alternative funding streams.
· Insight and tips about the practical and philosophical aspects of sustaining an art career long term.
As an artist or creative you are in a constant state of development personally and professionally as you negotiate all the aspects of building a career in the art world. Out of necessity artists must become their own business, finance, sales and marketing manager, researcher, curator and administrator; ultimately, the project manager of your career as an artist. It is imperative to be active and engaged in developing, directing and promoting that career.
"Inspiring, practical and entertaining."
“Invaluable…. A lifeline!”