Rosalind Davis is an artist interested in transformation, material and surface. Her works explores physical and psychological space, utopias and dystopias largely using paint and embroidery but also working in installation, photography and performance.
A graduate from the Royal College of Art and Chelsea College of Art. She has exhibited nationally and internationally and has work in private and public collections. Her work is currently on display in the Courtauld Institute until July 2013 and she has a forthcoming solo show at Bruce Castle Museum in Tottenham, London.
Davis is also a curator, award-winning blogger, writer, lecturer and creative consultant. Davis lectures for a number of organisations including the Royal College of Art, University of the Arts, ArtQuest, University of Westminster and Nottingham She is also a mentor at Shape Arts, the largest deaf and disabled arts organisation in the UK. As a writer she has contributed to The Guardian, a-n News and Magazine, Artlicks and Jotta. She has also led art tours for South London Art Map and the Whitechapel Gallery. Her creative consultancy work has included arts education, press and PR, crowdfunding and architectural planning. From 2009-11 Davis co-founded and curated Core Gallery a dynamic artist-led gallery space working in collaboration with over 200 artists and curators. She recently contributed to BBC4’s Film ‘Tales of Winter. The Art of Snow and Ice’ directed by Spike Geillinger.
In 2012 Rosalind Davis & Annabel Tilley founded
Zeitgeist Arts Projects
to support ambitious artists with practical ways to sustain their practice. The DIY Educate artists' professional practice programme Show & Tell and their innovative touring participatory talk: The A-Z of Surviving as an Artist are designed to encourage artists to learn from other artists, network, engage, thrive and raise their profiles which will now be touring internationally at Venice Biennale.
Tilley and Davis also curate exhibitions of outstanding new and established artists, like their launch exhibition, Collectible, an exhibition of 67 promising and established artists; the Zeitgeist Open Exhibition 2012, and 2013's much anticipated: Discernible. They recently were part of an installation at the ICA for Artlicks' second birthday, asking the question How do you Survive as an artist?
Please email if you would like a full cv.
Rosalind Davis' works is currently exhibited at Material Matters, East Wing' Biennial X exhibition at The Courtauld Institute
Jan 2012- July 2013. Other artists in the exhibition include Howard Hodgkin, Paula Rego and Rachel Whiteread.
The Courtauld Institute of Art
Somerset House, Strand, London WC2R 0RN
RCA Secrets, Royal College of Art, James Dyson Building, London
Q-Art Annual Exhibition, APT Gallery, Deptford, London
Curated by Harry Pye, A-side B-side Gallery, London
Sluice Art Fair Silent Auction
HANMI Gallery, Fitzrovia, London.
Read more here
What is An Art Book
Volume 2 at Artists' Book Weekend, The Mews Project Space
Created and Curated by the Modern Language Experiment
Rosalind Davis / Jeffrey Dennis / Robin Dixon / Gunther Herbst / Jake Clark
Curated by Jake Clark
Lion & Lamb, 46 Fanshaw Street, Hoxton, London, N1 6LG
A video by Broughton Birnie of the Luna Park Show
Return at Blackbird
Harts Lane Studios, London
Curated by Cristiana Bottigella & Tisna Westerhof.
Curated by Rosalind Davis and Annabel Tilley
Bond House Gallery, ASC, Goodwood Rd,ondon SE14 6BL
67 Artists, 97 Artworks of Collectible Artists
Read more here
Selected Solo Exhibitions
• A Difference in Vision, Salon Projects, 4 Regents Place, Soho, London
• Belong, South Bank Arts Centre, Bedford College, Bedford
• I am Yours, Julian Hartnoll Gallery, St James, London
• Projection, John Jones, Finsbury Park, London
• Inheritance, Deptford X, The Stephen Lawrence Centre, Deptford, London
• We Were Here Once, The Residence Gallery, Hackney, London
Selected Group Exhibitions
Charlie Dutton Crash Open Salon
Charlie Dutton, London
Artworks Open 2011
, Barbican Arts Group Trust, London
Curated by Rosalind Davis and Annabel Tilley, Core Gallery, London
,Phoenix Brighton Gallery, Brighton
CoExist Arts, Southend on Sea.
,Art Gene, Bath Street , Cumbria
(Darling) You Send Me
Galerie Bigger and Better Space, Vienna, Austria
Indian Art Summit
New Delhi, India.
Piccadily Circus, London
Read the press release here
Core Gallery, London.
•UK Young Artists Event
Deda, Chapel Place , Derby
•The Ing Discerning Eye Exhibition
The Mall Galleries, The Mall, London
•The Lynn Painters Stainers Prize
Painters’ Hall, & W. H. Patterson Gallery, 19 Albemarle Street, London
• Ludlow Summer Open, selected by David Roberts, Alan Cristea Gallery, Yvonne Crossley and Lara Grieve , Ludlow College, Shropshire
• Englands Glory, Gallery 27, Cork Street, London
• London Art Fair, Long and Ryle Gallery, Islington, London
• FloorPlan, Brighton Phoenix Gallery, Waterloo Place, Brighton
• 2021, The British Art Fair, Long and Ryle Gallery, RCA, London
• Remembered Landscapes, Long and Ryle Gallery, London
• artWorksOpen, Barbican Arts Group Trust, artworks Project Space, London
• From Light to Dust, The Roundhouse, London touring to Theatre Opt De Markt, Brussels.
• Transience, Shunt, London Bridge. London
• Start Your Collection, London Art Fair, Contemporary Art Projects
• Rummage, Café Gallery Projects, Southwark Park, London
• Salon 08, VINESpace, Vyner Street, London
• Start Your Collection, Contemporary Art Projects, London
• Marmite Painting Prize Catalogue
• The Distance Between’ Signal Gallery, Hoxton, London
• '00 Nature, Contemporary Art Projects, Hoxton , London
• Café Gallery Annual Open, Café Gallery Projects, Southwark, London
• Clare Morris Open,Various spaces, County Mayo, Ireland
• Rare Finds, New Ashgate Gallery, Surrey
• Grieve and Samaritans Art Prize, London
• [identity] Bath Fringe Festival, The Old Postal Museum, Bath
• London Art Fair, Long and Ryle Gallery, London
• DiverseRCA, RCA, Kensington Gore, London
• Straordinary Lines, Somerset Maugham Gallery, Horsebridge Art Centre, Whitstable
• His (and Her) Dark Materials, The Empire Gallery, Vyner Street London
• Hidden Art, Salt Gallery, 57 Fore St, Cornwall
• Swansea Fringe Festival Exhibition, Exposure Gallery, Swansea
• Like Nowhere Else, RCA, London
• Urban Outfitters Pick of the Graduates Show, Urban Outfitters, London
• Transit, RCA, London
• Inside Out, RCA London
• FutureMap, London Design Festival, Candid Arts, London
• Chelsea Summer Degree Show, Chelsea College of Art, London
Awards, Prizes, Commendations
• Choice blog of the Year on a-n Artists Talking
• Choice blog of July on a-n, selected by Matt Roberts of Matt Roberts Arts
• Fringe Mk, Finalist, The annual contemporary painting catalogue
2010 : Choice blog of the Month, July 2010, Artists Talking, a-n
2009: Choice blog of the Year on Artists Talking, a-n
Choice blog of the month July selected by Matt Roberts of Matt Roberts Arts
2008: New Cross Art Prize, 2008, 2nd Place, the Arts House, Lewisham, London
2007: Grieve and Samaritans Art Prize runner up